The North West's First Micropub. CAMRA Pub of the Year 2013. Find us in the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 CAMRA Good Beer Guides.


Friday 8 February 2013

New Beers

Last night we were very busy and the Medieval Priest's Hole went, as did the OSB Blackboard and the Barngate's Chesters Strong and Ugly. Hard to say which was most popular but one customer suggested that the Medieval was the best beer he'd tasted in the Dark and Winter Ale Festival we are part of.

We will start the weekend with the 6.2%ABV Kirkby Lonsdale WDA. We also have the Hardknott Cool Fusion at 4.4% and Privateer Dainty Blond at 4.2%. Joining us today will be Eden Dark Knight, a mild at 3.8%. I'm hoping we can have a full team out tomorrow if the Deeply Vale Golden Vale Best Bitter is ready to go on the fifth pump.

I had a strange experience recently when I was given a few cans of Boddingtons. I grew up when Boddies truly was the 'Cream of Manchester', but what I tasted in those cans was definitely not a special brew, it was rather a very strange brew. No wonder I can't remember the last time I had a pint of it. What have they done to it?

So, on that note, a little music to ease us into the weekend:


No comments:

Post a Comment